Yorba Linda Public Library has a great kid section with a special shelf for Caldecott Medal recipients. Don’t miss the beautiful rose garden and water fountain near the main entrance.
- Kids Section? Expansive kids section that encompasses the entire upper floor. Plenty of tables and chairs to sit and read in, a good amount of magnetic puzzles for little hands plus an area for the smallest library patrons with foam blocks and puzzle pieces.
- Audio Books? A fairly large section of audio books specifically for younger readers.
- Easy Labels? Every section is well-marked, and the picture books and early reader books are on shorter shelves and easy for smaller kids to navigate.
- Friends of the Library bookstore? Yes – in the lower level of the library.
- Plenty of Parking? Parking can be an issue here. The small upper lot tends to fill up quickly. The lower lot is slower to fill but it still will. There is public parking available in the surrounding blocks as well.
- “Shushing” factor? Not too much of an issue with noise since the kids section has its own floor – however sometimes I am working to try and keep the kids a bit quiet when we are in the checkout area, as there tend to be people reading and studying nearby.
- Restroom location? One set of restrooms is located on the right side just after you enter the library and pass the checkout area (near the elevator). Another set of restrooms is located near the top of the stairs in the kids section.
- Favorite California book for kids? My kids and I adore Our California by Pam Munoz Ryan and Rafael Lopez – but it isn’t available at this library. We also love Song of the Swallows by Leo Politi, which is available in the Caldecott Medal section. [Note: Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links. Read full disclosure policy.]
- Which library card do I use? You may check out books here with your Yorba Linda Public Library Card. You can fill out a library card application ahead of time by clicking here.
Directions to Yorba Linda Public Library: This library is located at 18181 Imperial Highway in Yorba Linda. From the 91 freeway, exit at Imperial and head north. The library will be on your right side at Olinda Street.
Contact this library:
Photo and review credit: Many thanks to Lisa Lasater for her photos and review of Yorba Linda Public Library.