Irvine Park Railroad’s 8th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza is hopping with great springtime fun for the whole family. With photo opportunities at every turn, egg hunts, train and hay rides, plus the Easter Bunny and so much more, it’s easy to spend a good chunk of your day immersed in wonderful spring fun.
Easter Eggstravaganza Tips
- Arrive early to buy your tickets and exchange them for egg hunt wristbands. Egg hunt times are for specific age groups and they can sell out. With my kids being three years apart but wanting to do the egg hunt at the same time, I like to arrive right at 10am and get their wristbands first thing. Then we can plan the rest of our activities around their egg hunt time.
- Pack a picnic lunch or buy lunch from the kid-friendly snack bar at the train station. With so much to do at the Easter Eggstravaganza, plus the many other fun activities available at Irvine Regional Park, you won’t want to feel rushed. It’s easy to spend a whole day at this beautiful place.
- Irvine Regional Park charges a fee to enter during regular operating hours – $3.00 on weekdays and $5.00 on weekends. The entrance can be busy during events, so arrive early on weekends or pick a weekday for your visit.
What is there to do at the event?
FREE: Enjoy the many adorable spring photo opportunities and the coloring corner for free.
ACTIVITIES REQUIRING TICKETS:
- train ride,
- hay ride,
- egg hunts (for children 2-12 years old),
- carnival games (try both for one ticket and win a prize every time!),
- cookie decorating,
- spring-themed moon bounce,
- and face painting.
All paid activities cost one ticket each – with the exception of face painting, which requires two tickets – and tickets are $5.00 for one or you may purchase a book of fifteen tickets for $60.00 (a $15.00 savings). My family especially enjoyed the egg hunt – we look forward to it every year!
Meet and have your photo taken with the super cuddly Easter Bunny for $10. Additional prints of your photo are available for only $6 at the time of purchase. I personally love looking back at our Easter Bunny photos from previous years and seeing how much my kids have grown.
Irvine Park Railroad’s Easter Eggstravaganza is open daily through April 4th from 10:00am – 4:00pm on weekdays and 10:00am – 6:00pm on weekends. For full details on Easter Eggstravaganza activities and egg hunt times please visit Irvine Park Railroad’s Easter Eggstravaganza page.
Disclosure: My family received complimentary access to Irvine Park Railroad during their media preview event. However, the Easter Eggstravaganza at Irvine Park Railroad is an annual tradition for my family and we would have gladly visited on our own dime. Read full disclosure policy.
Photo and post credit: Many thanks to our volunteer North County Parks Reporter, Lisa, for covering this event with her family.